Detta jobb har gått ut Se liknande jobb
Experienced Design Engineer BiW & Frame
The position is at Group CD71401 Body in White & Frame Design within Global Engineering at Volvo Bus Corporation (VBC). The department, CD71400, consists of 3 groups Chassis, BiW and Vehicle Dynamics in total about 60 persons.
The team is responsible for the main structural system of our range of complete vehicle and chassis products. BiW & Frame is therefore a strategically important area within VBC. The team is truly global with members at all VBC Development sites, totally about 50 designers across the world, 12 of these located in our Gothenburg office.
Our operations can be broken down to platform and product development, product maintenance, advanced engineering activities, customer adaptations and quality. The team also hold applying specialist knowledge within welding, metallic material, corrosion protection, adhesives and bonding and sandwich design to support our operations.
Challenges and rewards:
You will be expected to be a true driver, still very operative together with your colleagues and will be trusted with great freedom with target focus and high expectations of delivery. We work very integrated with other functions locally and globally whereby communication and holistic viewpoint is essential. You will also be expected to in the near future take a system or module ownership within the BiW area. In this you will find yourself challenged with taking a proactive stand in our technology development and application of this to products.
You will see the advantages with working in a small organisation as Volvo Buses, within the large Volvo Group in term of possibility for each individual to influence and still have access to huge resources and development paths.
Requested education and experience:
· Experience from automotive design, preferably heavy vehicles
· Knowledge on manufacturing processes relevant to structural systems of heavy vehicles
· Preferably knowledge in one or more of our specialist areas mentioned above
· Fresh knowledge of 3D CAD software and Product Data Management systems, preferably CATIA V5 and KOLA
· University Degree or Technical Collage Graduate in Engineering or extensive and adequate experience
· Good ability to work self-governed as well as to cooperate with colleagues
· Proactive approach in general, taking spontaneous ownership of issues and delivering results
· Ability to generate good ideas and to realize them together with our team
· A desire to constantly develop yourself, your colleagues and the company you are working for
· Good technical and human leadership skills and very good communicative skills
· Very good ability to express yourself in English, both verbally and in writing
· Ability to work in a truly multicultural environment, additional language skills appreciated
The position will be located in VBC offices in Arendal, Gothenburg, Sweden. In line with corporate policies we appreciate applicants of both genders and all ethnical backgrounds.
For further information please contact:
Jonas Gustafsson, Acting Group Manager BiW & Frame Design, phone; +46 31 323 11 33
Miriam Tullberg, Group Manager BiW & Frame Design, phone; +46 31 322 64 75Travel Required (maximum) Occasional
Logga in med Facebook och LinkedIn så får du se vilka av dina vänner som jobbar här