Software Engineering (Content)
The Content team is responsible for Spotify’s vast music collection. With millions of albums in our catalog and thousands being added each day, scalability and efficiency are key considerations. In addition we must ensure we have consistent and very high quality metadata - a challenge that requires good attention to detail.
To achieve this the team builds and ships huge indices to live services around the world, processing thousands of new albums each day, develops and maintains automatic processes for data enrichment and enhancements as well as administrative tools.
The Content team is located in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Design, develop and maintain services for the content system, with focus on efficiency, scalability and stability
- Code using primarily Python and Java
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Maintain and improve overall quality of the catalog
- Integrate with content suppliers
- Work in a small agile team
- You are fluent in more than one programming language (preferably Python or Java)
- You have experience with *nix system and shell-scripting
- You have extensive experience with relational databases and/or key-value stores
- You have knowledge of search engines - experience with other information retrieval systems is a plus
- You are comfortable with processing and analyzing large data sets - experience with Hadoop and MapReduce is a plus
- Interest in machine learning and statistical methods
- M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent is a plus
Logga in med Facebook och LinkedIn så får du se vilka av dina vänner som jobbar här