Junior Analyst M&A department
We are now looking for a Junior Analyst to support Project Leaders in the M&A department in Stockholm. The relevant person should have a strong and genuine interest in M&A transactions and corporate finance
Group Function M&A and New Geographical Markets (Group M&A) is part of Vattenfall’s staff function Strategy & Sustainability. Group M&A is responsible for all business and processes relating to acquisitions, divestments, swaps and mergers of companies and businesses, including joint ventures.
The successful candidate will join an experienced team, working on deals from day one. You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to smaller and larger M&A transactions, working alongside and learning from senior personnel.
• Support the M&A team in all parts of M&A transactions
• Coordinate, manage and execute process driven activities, handling process documents, collect and condensate project updates, assist in planning and scheduling meetings
• Provide analysis to support ongoing M&A transactions
• Conduct desk research and interview on assets and companies
• Prepare/review due diligence material
• Prepare and support the preparation of financial valuation models (collect data, prepare spreadsheets, develop or co-develop and customize valuation models)
• Support in the preparation of decision materials and presentations
• Work with project plans, keeping to internal deadlines and adhering to budgets
• General participation in project and department efforts, ad hoc analyses, prepare presentations
• Collaborate with other departments, as required by M&A projects or the other departments
Qualifications and personal characteristics
• Master in business administration/Finance/industrial economics or equivalent with good study results
• 1-2 years of experience from M&A/business development/corporate finance
• Fluency in our corporate language English
• Financial modeling skills and experience in MS Excel
• Ability to work under pressure to meet specific deadlines, in group and individually
• You are analytic, accurate and quality-conscious
• You easily adapt to changed conditions and are flexible in your way of working
• Ability to work independently and on teams
• Experience from the energy & utilities sector
• Fluency in Swedish
Location The position is located at Vattenfall’s new head office in Solna, Stockholm, but there might be some travel within Northern Europe.
For further information about the position, please contact Jesper Karpsen, Head of M&A, Stockholm, +46 72 516 36 18. (vacation week 29, 31 and 32). For information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Anna Appelgren, recruiter, +46 8 739 50 00. (vacation until week 32).
Union representatives in Sweden Ilka von Dalwigk, Akademikerna, Anders Ekemar, Unionen, Lars-Göran Johansson, Ledarna, Anders Karlström, SEKO.
To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
Welcome with your application with CV and cover letter via this page no later than August 17th 2012.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Logga in med Facebook och LinkedIn så får du se vilka av dina vänner som jobbar här